A collection of excerpts.
How to cook
Cooking appliances vary in price, size and performance. These instructions are given as a guide, though we understand that you may cut corners depending on the time you have. Please ensure that the product is piping hot throughout before serving.
The hob method
1. Place 400ml (14fl.oz) of water into a clean saucepan.
2. Bring to the boil. Stir in the contents of the sachet.
3. Simmer for 6–7 minutes or until the excerpts are cooked and the sauce is of the desired consistency, stirring as frequently as you can remember in between your other distractions. The sauce will thicken on standing.
4. Stir, serve and enjoy.
Try it with the microwave
1. Empty the contents of the sachet into a 3–4 pint microwaveable bowl, or bol, if you’re French.
2. Add 400ml (14fl.oz) of boiling water. Stir and cover loosely.
3. Microwave on full for 7 minutes (Cat E/850W), 8 minutes (Cat D/750W), stirring once during cooking.
4. Leave to stand for 2–5 minutes. See what you think. Stir, serve and enjoy.